Question 1 - How often do you go to the cinema?
The choices people could pick from were:
- Weekly
- Monthly
- Rarely
- When an interesting film comes out
or Other
From the results I can recall that 'when an interesting film comes out' was the popular vote. This question was also multiple choice, so many people picked between rarely and when an interesting film is released.
Question 2 - What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
From the results gathered for this question, there were various answers based on the films people had seen. But I noticed that Split, Star Wars: Rogue One and Moana were quite popular in this answer.
Question 3 - Do you tend to go to the cinema on a certain day? Why?
The results varied a lot, many people mentioned that they either go to the cinema on the weekend when they're free or go during certain days because of promotional offers (for example like Orange Wednesdays)




Question 4 - When you go the cinema, do you buy refreshments? What do you buy?
From this question I mainly expected for the majority to mention they at least buy one type of concession from the cinema. But cheekily enough, people mentioned that they would buy cheaper snacks and 'sneak them' into the cinema to prevent paying such a large amount of money on something so regular sized.
Question 5 - Did you see your favourite film of all time in the cinema?
From the results, it seems that this question is quite varied however it just isn't. About 90% wrote no as their answer but in a different way, whether it be capitalisation or punctuation included.
Question 6 - Do you watch films online? Do you pay for them?
As I promoted my survey to mainly teenagers, I expected the majority of the answers to be 'yes I watch films online but no I don't pay for them' considering websites and technology have expanded these days, allowing people to view films on different devices. From the results of this question, at least 98% said they watch films online and when it comes down to paying for the film, half pay either by actually buying the film or via Netflix or other apps and the other half don't pay.
Question 7 - Have you ever bought a DVD of a film you have seen at the cinema?
From the results, I noticed that the majority of the responses show that people only buy the film on DVD if they believed it was extremely good.

Question 8 - Are you persuaded to see movies because they feature particular film stars?
For this question, I didn't expect the answers it received. From the results I received, the majority they would watch a film rather for the plot than the stars that are featured. However, some of the answers outline how they'd watch certain film series / films because their favourite stars are casted.


Question 9 - How do you hear about new films?
What I noticed about the results from this question is that everyone uses more modern ways - such as the Internet, trailers, social media and television - in order to find out about new films that are being released in comparison to how things would've been advertised back in the early years - through newspapers for example.
Question 10 - What is your favourite film genre?

My Survey link - https://goo.gl/forms/p1JJs1mrsBEc4cBm2
My Survey Responses - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xetUo1h5XdBraD5d5Trm4RC6I8dnAp4yahsOX68VUx8/edit#gid=1549218209








No comments:
Post a Comment